I’m pretty active online and my Google Reader probably hates me with the amount it has to harvest on a given day, but that amount of reading inspired me to write a post about the best running blogs on the web.
I need to qualify this first. This list is about independent blogs, none that are affiliated with a traditional media outlet like Runner’s World, ESPN.com or anywhere else like that. The list is also not completely objective. I factored in things like Alexa Rank, Compete unique visitors (if applicable) and number of comments per post. I also factored in my opinions about the content, community involvement and value to the reader.
With all that said, here is my list of the best running blogs out there:
- A Trail Runner’s Blog- A great blog about a professional runner, somebody that knows what he’s doing out there.
- My First 5K Blog- A great blog from a woman who’s not afraid to share her running experiences.
- Tri to be Funny- She’s a triathlete that can convert you to the world of triathlons
- On and off the Track- He talks about the science and health behind running.
- Asthma and the Gift of Running- A very inspiring story of why everybody can and should run.
- Jill Will Run- Jill takes on more causes that I even know about. Shes a great person and runner.
- Its Just One Foot in Front of the Other- She has a true, undeniable passion for running.
- Running off at the Mouth- Talks about running, running equipment, recipes. What more could you want?
- There are No Limits- He takes running seriously, which is awesome to read about.
- From 0 to Runner- She openly talks about the struggles all of us have while running–injuries, distractions and otherwise.
- Half-Fast- A great blog about a personal running journey, with some fun posts mixed in.
- I Run Because…I Can- Everything running, from race updates to recipes to giveaways.
- Live, Love, Eat and Play- Lots of food, family and running.
- Manderz Journey to a New Life- An inspiring story of change.
- Tall Mom on the Run- Great blog for those trying to run long distances while juggling daily responsibilities.
- Morning Runner- She always seems to look at the bright side of things.
- One Step at a Time- A fun perspective on running and life in general.
- Rookie on the run- Carries a Mom mentality through every post and has a lot of love for San Diego.
- 26.2 Quest- Just really fun to read. I like every post.
- Running Circles Around Turtles- Regularly scheduled posts with common themes. You can really get used to the posting pattern.
- Running on my time- Steady posting about races, running and family.
- The Happy Runner- Running mom who also writes for the Albany Running Examiner.
- When I get a Little, Run Run Run…- A very detailed training blog.
- Just Your Average Joggler- A truly unique running experience…running while juggling
- Feet Meet Street- Great, thoughtful posts about running and the philosophy of it.
- Between the Miles- Great images and stories.
- Becoming Triathlete- An honest account of a training regimen
- Run DMT- More about family than running, but great stories.
- Kilt Runner- Looking for a laugh? Check out Jim’s posts.
- A Runner in the Making- An experienced runner who obviously loves the sport.
- Running is a Journey- Jessica has a true passion for running and a camera that she seems to take with her on every run. Its great to see where she runs.
- Run Bulldog Run- If you want to read about a guy that knows how to run, check Steve out.
- See Corey Run- Corey writes in a honest way, sharing details about life and running.
- Life of a skinny runner- A runner who is proud of her running and family.
- The Trail Running Blog- A story of David’s return to running.
- Quadrathon- A really cool and unique outlook on running.
- The Beginning Runner’s Blog- Talks about life, work and running with authentic language and personality.
- Running Buddy- Phil looks to inspire and be inspired.
- Tim’s Running for Life and Fitness- A blog about an average runner that enjoys the sport.
I know I missed some fantastic blogs in putting together this list and I apologize for that. Keep in mind this is my list of the best blogs, which combines objective and subjective data.
Please leave comments with other great blogs to be either be included in the post or in a future post.